Mr. Zunaid Ahmed Palak
Honorable State Minister, ICT Division, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh
Master of Social Science (Political Science) & Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Profession :
Lawyer (Advocate, Bangladesh Supreme Court) Role and Achievements :
1) In the national election 2014, he was re-elected Member of the Parliament in second consecutive term and thereafter he was included in the Cabinet as the
Minister of State for Information and Communication Technology at the age of 33 years. Thus, has been the youngest minster in the history of Bangladesh.
2) Elected Member of the Parliament of Bangladesh in 2008 at the age of 27 years and became the youngest member of the ninth parliament.
3) Worked as member of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Information and Communication Technology and Private Members’ Bill in the ninth Parliament of Bangladesh.
4) Appointed the Co-Chair of the all party parliamentary group of the Bangladesh Parliament on Climate Change.
5) Member of the central executive committee of Bangladesh Awami League, the largest and oldest political party, which led the historic struggle for independent Bangladesh.
6) Secured National Award on Environment in 2010 from the Prime Minister of Bangladesh for the outstanding contribution for massive tree plantation.
7) President Bangladesh Carom Federation and Vice President, International Carom Federation.